Membership & Insurance


2017 FORMS

Valid From 5/1/2017

2017 WCA Membership / Insurance Form
2017 WCA Additional Insured Form


2016 FORMS

Valid 5/1/2016 – 4/30/2017

2016 WCA Membership / Insurance Form
2016 WCA Additional Insured Form
2016 WCA Certificate Holder Only Form

What is the Insurance?

It is a General Liability Performers Insurance. Coverage is $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate per event

You can read the entire insurance binder HERE

What types of performance in covered by the insurance?

The insurance is for Clowns, Magicians, Jugglers, Balloon twisters, and face painter’s

Do you cover Santa’s?

Yes, we cover any costumed character as long as it is not a copyrighted character.

Can I name my business, or clown name on the policy?

The insurance is only able to list an individual.

Can I add someone else on my policy?

We are able to add a venue as an additionally insured. The form needed is here. There is no cost for this.

We are unable to add individuals on to your policy only venues. However assistants are covered as long as they are at the same event performing the same task (ie facepainting)

Do you cover products I sell?

The insurance only covers performances, and not products.

So what is covered?

Anything that you would be considered legally liable for during your performance. (IE… During a magic show a chair gets broken and the venue wants you to replace it. (OR) A child has an allergic reaction to paints after a face painting…as long as your paints use FDA compliant ingredients (for cosmetics)).
For more information on FDA cosmetic ingrediants visit: FDA and Facepaint
The insurance would not cover you for damage that you intentionally do, damage to you, or your property, and any illegal activity

Can I purchase additional coverage over the $2,000,000?

We do not offer over additional coverage over what we offer already.

How soon can I get coverage?

Our normal turnaround time is 1-2 business days. The insurance company will then mail you a certificate.

What if I need it sooner?

On the additionally insurance request there is a spot to enter a fax number that the insurance company can fax a copy of the certificate to. For the primary insurance if you need it soon we are able to email, or fax to you. In order for us to do that please submit the application then give us a call the next business day in the afternoon and we will take care of it then.

What is the business hours of the office?

Our normal business hours are Monday – Friday from 8am – 4pm Eastern time. We are closed on all Federal Holidays.

A list of all Holidays are available here

It is saturday and I need my certificate for a job what do I do?

While the office is closed on Saturday if we are around we do monitor emails for such emergencies. We will email you your previously processed certificate if we are available. We are unable to process any insurance on Saturday so if it has not been processed we would be unable to help. Either way we will email you to let you know (if we are available).

Is the insurance, or membership prorated?

We are unable to prorate the insurance, or membership.

Can I just call you to get this started?

We are unable to process any insurance or membership over the phone.